Water Lily Ponds of Örebro
- Location: Adolfsberg, Örebro kommun, Sverige
- Client: Örebro municipality
- Program: Water reservoir
- Size: 15000 m3
- Year: 2016
- Status: Competition proposal
- Collaborators: Thomas Hobbs
- Team: Jonas Nordgren, Ted Schauman
Values and identities of Örebros water landscapes.
A celebration of water and biodiversity
How can the new reservoir continue Örebro’s building tradition in relation to the existing water towers? Reservoirs in Örebro have since the pumps at Kyrkogårdsgatan and Våghustorget been characterized by being slender, stately and eye-catching water towers. The Southern Water Tower, the North Water Tower and the iconic “Mushroom” are built in tune with their times and are visual orientation marks in Örebro’s urban fabric.